Colton, Henry Martyn
Colton, Henry Martyn a Congregational minister, was born at Royalton, N.Y. He graduated at Yale College, and remained one year after graduation, pursuing a select course in philosophy and languages. The next three years were spent in the Yale Divinity School, and in November 1852, he was ordained pastor of the First Congregational Church in Woodstock, Connecticut. In January, 1855, he removed to East Avon, and supplied the pulpit of the Congregational Church until April 1857. In this year Mr. Colton established a classical school in Middletown, which continued for eleven years. In September 1858, he opened the "Yale School for Boys," in New York city, and conducted it till the time of his death, June 2, 1872. See Obituary Record of Yale College, 1872.