an English Congregational minister, was born at Hartlepool, February 6, 1847. He was educated at the Lancashire Independent College, and ordained at Wigan in 1871. He accepted the pastorate of New Chapel, Horwich; which, after four years, he was forced to resign on account of failing health. He died at West Kirby, Cheshire, March 30, 1881. See (Lond.) Cong. Year-book, 1883, page 273.