Christopherson, John a learned English prelate, was born in Lancashire, and educated at St. John's College, Cambridge. He was one of the first fellows of Trinity College after its foundation by Henry VIII, in 1546, and soon after became master of it. He was banished in the reign of Edward VI, but, when queen Mary succeeded to the crown, he returned, was made dean of Norwich in 1554, and bishop of Chichester in 1557. He died in December 1558. He translated Philo Judaeus into Latin (Antwerp, 1553, 4to); also the ecclesiastical histories of Eusebius, Socrates, Sozomemn, Evagrius, and Theodoret (Louvain, 1570, 8vo; Cologne, 1570, fol.) See Chalmers, Biog. Dict. s.v.