Chambers, John W
Chambers, John W.
a Baptist minister, was born in Wayne Co., Miss., Sept. 21, 1818. He united with the Church in 1836, and was ordained Feb. 3,1843. His first pastorate was with the Antioch Church, Tenn., and he afterwards ministered to several churches in. Scott and Newton counties, Miss., until 1855, when he moved to Marshall County, but soon after returned to Tennessee, and took up his residence in Saulsbury, preaching to the Rocky Spring and other churches. In 1871 he was appointed agent for home missions, and in 1872 agent of the Foreign Mission Board for West Tennessee. He died at Milan, Feb. 23, 1873. See Borum, Sketches of Tennessee Ministers, p. 120-122. (J.C.S.)