Ca'mon (Hebrews Kamon', קָמוֹן, perhaps full of stalks or grain; Sept. Καμών v. r. ῾Ραμνών), the place in which Jair (q.v.) the Judge was buried (Jg 10:5). As the scriptural notices of him all refer to the country east of Jordan, there is no reason against accepting the statement of Josephus (Ant. v. 7, 6) that Camon (Καμῶν) was a city of Gilead. In support of this is the mention by Polybius (v. 70, 12) of a Crmus (Καμοῦς, for Καμοῦν) in company with Pella and other trans-Jordanic places taken by Antiochus (Reland, Palcest. p. 679; Ritter, Erdk. 15:1026). Eusebius and Jerome (Onomast. s.v. Καμών, Camon) evidently confound it with the Cyamon (Judith 7:3) in the plain of Esdraelon; and this has misled Schwarz (Palest. p. 233). It is possibly the modern Reimun (comp. the Sept. reading Rhamon), four and a half miles west-north-west of Jerash or Gerasa (Van de Velde's Map).