Cameron, James (2)
Cameron, James (2), an English Congregational minister, was born in 1809. He spent his boyhood at Gourock, on the Firth of Clyde; a matriculated at the university of Glasgow in 1830; was converted in 1831; and in the following year entered the Glasgow Theological-Academy. In the autumn of 1835 he went to Innerleithen to improve his health, and there instituted a series of meetings which resulted in the establishment of an Independent Church in the place, and a great religious awakening in the town. Mr. Cameron was ordained at Portobello in 1837, and in 1843 removed to Dumfries, where he remained till 1847, when he accepted a. call at Headgate, Colchester. His final charge was at Hopton, Mirfield. Here he died, March 29,1873. Those who knew him best were those who loved him most. See. (Lond.) Cong. Year-book, 1874, p. 316.