Cameron, Archibald, a Presbyterian minister, was born in Scotland in 1771 or 1772. When young, he migrated with his parents to America. Little is known of his early years but that he spent some time at the Transylvania University (Kentucky), and completed his studies at Bardstown, when he connected himself with the Prebyterian Church. In 1795 he was licensed, and, as a missionary, distributed his labors in the counties of Nelson, Shelby, and Jefferson. He was installed in 1796 over the churches of Akron and Fox Run, Shelby, and Big Spring in Nelson, and for several years the field of his labors embraced a circuit of from thirty to forty miles. Seven churches were organized by his instrumentality, and he was often obliged to swim the swollen streams to do his duty. During a revival in 1828 large additions were made to his churches, and from this time he supplied the congregations of Shelbvville and Mulberry. He died December 4, 1836. He published The Faithful Steward (1806): — The Monitor, on Religious Liberty, etc. (1806): — An Appeal to the Scriptures, etc. (1811): — A Discourse between the Confession of Faith of the Presbyterian Church and a Preacher who holds the Doctrine of an Indefinite and Universal Atonement (1814): — A Defence of the Doctrines of Grace (a series of Letters, 1816): — A Reply to Questions on Predestination, etc. (1822). — Sprague, Annals, 4:168.