Bushnell, Wells a Presbyterian minister, was: born in Hartford, Conn., April, 1799. He graduated from Jefferson College in 1823, and was two years a student in Princeton Theological Seminary. He was licensed by the Presbytery of New Brunswick in 1825. In 1826 he became a member of the Presbytery of Erie.. He was pastor at Meadville, Pa., from 1826 to 1833, when, at his own request, the relation was dissolved,. that he might go as a missionary to the Indians in the West. After spending one year there, ill-health compelled him to return East. For a time he supplied the First Presbyterian Church in Louisville, Ky. He then accepted a call to the congregation at Greensburg, Ind.,. in connection with one at Shelbyville, in the same state. After laboring here a year and a half, his health failed, and he returned to New Albany.. Soon after this he went to Pittsburgh, Pa., for the purpose of rest and recruiting his health. While there he accepted an invitation to supply the churches of Gravel Run and Cambridge. In 1836 he went from the Presbytery of Erie to that of Indianapolis, and in 1838 was received again into the Presbytery of Erie. In April, 1839, he was dismissed to the Presbytery of Beaver, having accepted a call to the Church of New Castle, Pa. Here he labored fifteen and a half years with success. At this time he became dissatisfied with the position of the Church on the question of slavery; he accordingly severed his connection with the Beaver Presbytery, and united with the "Free Presbyterian Church." He then ministered to the congregations of Mount Jackson and New Bedford. He died at the former place, July 16, 1863. He was a successful minister; as a Christian, was esteemed sincere and zealous. See Hist. of the Presbytery of Erie.