Burton, William H
Burton, William H.
a Protestant Episcopal clergyman of the Diocese of Mississippi, was rector of the Church at New Iberia, La., in 1853; the following year was rector in Franklin; in 1857, missionary at Bavou Sara, and remained in this work until the close of 1859. Subsequently, he acted as a general missionary in the neighborhood, having his residence at Centreville; and in 1865 he became officiating minister at Corinth, Miss. The following year he was rector of St. Jude's Church, in that place; and in 1867 rector of the Church of the Epiphany, near Port Gibson, Claiborne Co., Miss. He died Sept. 8, 1870: See Prot. Episc. Almanac, 1871, p. 118.