Burton, James, Dd
Burton, James, D.D.
an English divine, was born in 1745, and educated at Magdalen College, Oxford, of which he became a fellow. He was presented to the rectory of Over-Warton, Oxfordshire, with the annexed perpetual curacy. of Nether Warton, in 1771; to the vicarage of Little Berkhampstead, Herts, in 1789; to the incumbency of the first portion of Waddesdon, Bucks, in the same year; and was appointed canon of Christehurch, Oxford, in 1792. He was also chaplain in ordinary to the king, and for many years a magistrate of Oxfordshire. He died June 30, 1825. See (Lond.) Annual Register, 1825, p. 264.