Brown, William Lawson, Ma
Brown, William Lawson, M.A.
an English Congregational minister, was born at Kilrenny, near Anstruther, on the east coast' of Fifeshire, Scotland. He was educated at the school of St. Andrews. and the universities of Glasgow and Aberdeen. His first pastoral charge was at Lerwick, in Shetland, where he remained between two and three years from 1840. He then took charge of the Church at Liscard, in Cheshire, England, from which he removed to Bolton in 1845.
Here he labored eight years, and, after a short stay at Lynn, in Norfolk, became the pastor at Totteridge chapel, where he remained twenty-three years. He resigned his charge in July 1877, and retired to Lytham, near Preston, where he died, April 21, 1879; See (Lond.) Cong. Year-book, 1880, page 314.