Brinkerhoff, George G
Brinkerhoff, George G.
a minister of the Reformed (Dutch) Church, was born at Closter, Bergen County, N.J., in 1761. He studied under' Meyer, Romeyn, and Froeligh, and was licensed by the Synod of Dutch Reformed churches in 1788. In 1789 he was missionary "to the North," and to Conewago, Pennsylvania, from 1789 to 1793. While he was there, and about the time of his departure, his congregation was broken up by the almost total emigration of his people farther west. He was pastor at Kakeat and Ramapo from 1793 to 1806, and at Sempronius, near Owasco, Cayuga County, N.Y., from 1808 to 1813. He was also missionary to "Genesee Country" in 1796. He died in great peace and triumph in 1813. He was a godly man and a faithful minister, mild and gentle, and yet firm and resolute. See Corwin, Manual of the Ref. Church in America (3d ed.), page 195.