Boyle, Michael an Irish prelate, succeeded to the see of Dublin in 1663. In 1637 he was incorporated master of arts at Oxford, and subsequently took the degree of doctor of divinity in the University of Dublin. In 1640 he was made dean of Cloyne. — In 1660 he was advanced to the sees of Cork, Cloyne, and Ross, and was one of the twelve bishops who were consecrated together in St. Patrick's Church after the Restoration. Having repaired the palace of St. Sepulchre while he resided there, he was translated to Armagh by the king's letter, Jan. 27, 1678, with which last preferment he held the chancellorship of Ireland for twenty years. He died in 1702. See D'Alton, Memoirs of the Archbishops of Dublin, p. 280.