Bligh, John an English Congregational minister, was a native of Worcester, and was for many years engaged in the work of the Home Missionary Society. He was a student at Cotton End from 1842 until 1845, when he was appointed to the pastorate of Great Bourton in Oxfordshire. In 1852 he removed to Brandsburton in the East Riding of Yorkshire, where he remained but a short time, accepting a call to the Church at Hay, Brecknockshire, in September, 1854. He ceased to act as a home missionary in 1856, and accepted a pastorate at Ombersley in Worcestershire. In 1860 he removed to London, where he again took work as a missionary at the East End. He died Dec. 11, 1878. See (Lond.) Cong. Year-book, 1880, p. 309.