Blain, Wilson a Presbyterian minister, was born in Ross County, O., March 2, 1813. He graduated at Miami University, Oxford, in 1831, attended the full course of study at the Associate Reformed Theological Seminary at Allegheny, Pa., and was licensed by the First Presbytery of Ohio in 1838. He was at first pastor at Hebron, Ia., but in May, 1847, he resigned to become a missionary to Oregon, where he spent the next two years as pastor, editor, and representative. In 1850 he organized a Church in California, but in 1853 he returned to Oregon, teaching part of the time for several years thereafter. He died in 1861. See Wilson, Presb. Hist. Alm., 1862, p. 228.