Blackwood, James a Reformed Presbyterian minister, was born in Ireland. In 1811 he entered Glasgow College, where he remained three years, and completed his theological course, and was licensed in 1819. He emigrated to America in 1824, and took up his abode in Belmont County, O., within the bounds of the Reformed Presbytery of Pittsburg, and on May 8 was ordained by that body. He accepted a call the same year from the congregation of Brush Creek, Adams County, O. The climate did not agree with him, hence he obtained a dissolution of his pastoral relation in 1833. The next year he took charge of the united congregations in Western Pennsylvania and Ohio. In this extensive field he labored until his death, Oct. 8, 1851. See Sprague, Annals of the Amer. Pulpit, IX, 5, 77.