Blackburn, Andrew, a minister of the United Synod of the Presbyterian Church in the United States, was born in Jefferson County, Tenn., Sept. 28, 1827, studied at Maryville College and the South-western Seminary, and was licensed by Union Presbytery, Tennessee, 1550. In the same year he was also ordained as a ruling elder of Westminster church; and was a lay commissioner to the General Assembly. On his return he took charge of the church at Chattanooga, Tenn. He had been for some time editing, with others, the Calvinistic Magazine, when the Synod of Tennessee, Oct., 1850, resolved to establish the Presbyterian Witness, and made him one of the editors. For several years he sustained the latter paper, not only by his talents, but with his money, and, when the paper went down in 1858, he revived it; but, his health failing, he had soon to dispose of it. From 1856 to 1859 he was stated supply for Bristol, Tenn., and during a portion of 1855 he acted as agent for the Home Missionary Society. He died Aug. 22, 1859, of consumption, at Maryville.-Wilson, Presbyt. Histor. Almanac for 1861.