Bishop, Noah a Presbyterian minister, was born in Litchfield, Conn., Jan. 12, 1806. After graduating, he taught for two years in Brooklyn, Conn., and studied theology for the' next two years at East Windsor Theological School. He also taught for two years in Keene, N. H. He was ordained, June 29, 1842, pastor of the Muddy Run Presbyterian Church in Enon, O., from which he was dismissed in October, 1849. In 1850 he became principal of an academy in Monroe, O., at the same time supplying the Presbyterian Church there, and so remained three years. His health having failed, he then settled near Springfield, Ill., and engaged in farming for more than two years, removing to Chatham, Ill., in 1855. In 1858 he was sent as a home missionary to Murraysville, Ill, where he preached to the two churches of East and West Union till 1869, and removed, on April 1, to Ironton, Mo. He died there, Sept. 22 of that year. See Obit. Rec. of Yale College, 1870.