Bippus, John a minister of the German Reformed Church, was born at Boll, Wurtemberg, June 2, 1815. He came to America in 1837, and settled in Tuscarawas County, O. Subsequently he removed to Crawford County. He was licensed in 1864, and ordained and installed pastor of the church at Gallon, where he labored four years. Receiving no call elsewhere, he lived privately at Leesville, O., until his death, May 21, 1872. He was a zealous, faithful minister. See Harbaugh, Fathers of the Gen. Ref. Church, 5, 40.