Binet, William a Protestant Episcopal clergyman of the diocese of Albany, was the officiating minister in the parish of New Castle, Pa., in 1857, and continued in that position until 1859, when he removed to Fort Smith, Ark., being employed in what was then known as the "Mission of the South-west." The following year, in the same missionary diocese, he served at Van Buren, Ark., and remained there until 1865. In 1866 he became rector of Grace Church, Canton, N. Y., and, after serving there about two years, resided in Canton without charge. Soon after, he removed to Benicia, Cal. A year after this, in 1871, he became principal of St. John's Institute, Sacramento, retaining that position until 1873, at which time he removed to New York city, without charge. In 1874 he officiated in Stockbridge, Mass., and in the following year was rector of Edward's-place School, in the same town. A short time previous to his death he was connected with the diocese of Albany. He died in the island of Jersey, Channel Isles, Feb. 1, 1877. See Prot. Episc. Almanac, 1878, p. 168.