Beth-e'mek (Heb. Beyth ha-E'mek, בֵּית הָעֵמֶק, house of the valley; Sept. Βαιθαέμεκ v. r. Βαιθμέ), a city of the tribe of Asher, apparently near its S.E. border (Jos 19:27). Dr. Robinson found a village called Amkah about eight miles N.E. of Akka (Biblioth. Sacra, 1853, p. 121), which is probably the place in question, although he suggests that the above text seems to require a position south of the "valley of Jiphthah-el" or Jefat (Later Bib. Researches, p. 103,108). The identification proposed by Schwarz (Palest. p. 192) with the modern Amiuka (according to him also noticed in the Talmud), 12 miles N.N.W. of Safed, is altogether out of the region indicated.