(1), a famous anchoret who lived at Tyningham, in East Lothian. He died March 6, 756 (Sim. Dun. Chron. ad 756, Hist. Dun. ii, 2). Alcuin commemorates his sanctity and his victory over evil spirits (De Pontif., et Sanctis Ebor. ver. 1318-1386). His church at Tyningham was destroyed by the Danes in 941, (Sim. Dun. ad ann.); it possessed extensive estates, which afterwards belonged to the patrimony of St. Cuthbert. Mabillon states that his name occurs in the Benedictine calendars on Nov. 27, and that his relics were removed to Durham in the llth century (Acta SS. Ord. S. Bened. Saec. 3, pt. 2, p. 509), and refers to an article on the subject in the Bollandist Acts, March 6 (see Forbes [bishop], Kalendar of Scottish Saints, s.v. "St. Baldred").
(2) A priest who gave eight "mansse" to Evesham soon after its foundation (Chron. Evesham. ed. Macray, p. 18).