Baldridge, Samuel, a Presbyterian minister, was born in North Carolina, March 21, 1780. He studied in a school of Samuel Doak, afterwards chartered as Washington College. Oct. 5, 1807; he was licensed at Salem Church, Tenn., and was appointed to supply within the bounds of the Presbytery until the next stated meeting. Oct. 11, 1808, he was ordained pastor of the united churches of Rock Spring and Glade Spring. In 1809 he was appointed commissioner from the Presbytery of Abingdon to the General Assembly. In 1810, at his request, he was dismissed to the Presbytery of Washington, Synod of Kentucky. He settled at Lawrenceburg, Ind. It was missionary ground, and there were io means of support, and for this purpose he opened a school, academical in its grade. He was appointed to supply statedly at Lawrenceburg and Whitewater and thus he continued for two years teaching, and preaching in private hoises. In this time he organized several churches. Sept. 12, 1812, he was appointed to spend two weeks in the vacancies above Dayton. During his residence at Lawrenceburg he studied medicine, that he might support himself in the missionary work. In 1814 he was appointed as stated supply of Washington for one half of his time, and of London for one fourth. In 1815 he supplied London and Treacle's Creek. In the same year the Presbytery appointed him to labor ten days on Paint Creek, Deer Creek, Big and Little Darby, and the headwaters of the Miami. April 8, 1818. He was dismissed to the Presbytery of Lancaster. The next spring he received a call to the churches of Chandlersville, New Cumberland, and New Concord. This relation continued until April, 1823, when he was released from the first two, but continued at New Concord until 1824. He then removed to Jeromeville, in the bounds of the Presbytery of Richland, and took charge of the congregation; he also gave one third of his time to Parryville and the same to Rehoboth. In 1828 he was dismissed to Wabash Presbytery, and then, in division, was set off in Crawfordsville Presbytery. In 1832 he was dismissed to the Presbytery of Vincennes. He then took charge of Iloney Creek and New Hope churches. He preached at Kalida, O., and at Dillsborough, Ind. He died Feb. 29, 1860. See Norton, Hist. of the Presbyterian Church in Iliniois.