Aurand, Henry, a Presbyterian and Reformed minister, was born at Reading, Pa., Dec. 4, 1805. He entered Princeton Seminary in 1824, and remained there a little more than one year; he then left and took a collegiate course at Dickinson College, Carlisle, Pa., where he graduated in 1830. He next studied theology with Dr. George Duffield, of Carlisle. During the years 1831 and 1832 he taught in the Deaf and Dumb Asylum in Philadelphia. He 'prepared to labor in the German Reformed Church, and was licensed and ordained by the Classis of Zion. In 1833 he supplied the Presbyterian Church at Taneytown, Md.; in 1834 accepted a call to become pastor of the German Reformed Church at Carlisle, where he was installed, and labored fifteen years; in 1849 became, pastor of what was termed the Benders and Bendersville charge, in Adams Co., Pa., consisting of no less than seven churches, scattered around so as to be about eight miles distant from each other. His usual Sabbath work for nearly seven years was a ride of about twenty miles and three sermons. In 1856 he removed. to New Berlin, Pa., and for nearly two years had charge of the German Reformed Church at that place. About 1858 he began to preach in the Rivington Street Church in New York city. After preaching here nearly-two years, he removed to Columbia, N. Y., and took charge of the Reformed Dutch Church, which he served until the spring of 1863, and then removed to Illinois. Here he had no regular field of labor, but filled vacancies here and there for a short time. In June, 1876, he went to Fulton County to supply several destitute places with the Gospel, expecting to be gone three months. He was soon taken ill, and returned to his home at the end of four weeks, and died Oct. 8, 1876. He was a true and faithful minister of Christ, and was never so happy as when preaching the Gospel. See Necrology of Princeton
Theological Seminary, 1877, p. 20; Corwin, Manual of the Ref. Church in America, p. 168.