Anspach, Frederick Reinhardt, Dd
Anspach, Frederick Reinhardt, D.D.
a Lutheran minister, was born in January 1815, in Potter Township, Center County, Pennsylvania. He studied at Mifflinburg Academy, graduating from Pennsylvania College in 1839; subsequently pursued the theological course at Gettysburg, and was licensed. to preach in 1841, when he became pastor of the Barren Hill and Whitemarsh charge, Montgomery County; from 1850 to 1854 he was pastor in Hagerstown, Md., and remained there until 1857. He was interested in the founding of the Hagerstown Female Seminary. About this time he became co-editor and proprietor of The Lutheran Observer. From 1857 to 1861 his residence was in Baltimore; and subsequently, owing to failing, health, he retired from active work and resided principally in Anne Arundel County. He died in Baltimore, September 16, 1867. Among his published works are the following translations from the German of Heavenly Balm, etc., by Caspar Schwenkfeld (1853): — The Sepulchres of our Departed (1854): — The Sons of the Sires (1855): — a lecture on Spiritualism (eod.): — The 'Two Pilgrims: — The Israelite and the Christian (1857), etc. See Pennsylvania College Book, 1882, page 204; Lutheran Observer, September 27, 1867.