Acrabbattine (Α᾿κραβαττίνη sc. χώρα), the name of two regions in Palestine.
1. A district or toparchy of Judea, extending between Shechem (Nablous) and Jericho eastward, being about 12 miles long (see Reland, Paloest. p. 192). It is mentioned by Josephus (War, 2, 12, 4; 20, 4, 22, 2; 3, 3, 4, 5), and doubtless took its name from a town called Acrabbi, mentioned by Eusebius (Onomast. s.v. Α᾿κοαββείν; Jerome corruptly "Adorabi," see Clerici ed. Amst. 1707, p. 17, note 5) as a large village 9 Roman miles east of Neapolis, on the road to Jericho; probably the same found by Dr. Robinson under the name Akrabeh (Researches, 3, 103), and described as a considerable town, finely situated on the slope of a fertile hill, with a mosque (new ed. of Researches, 3, 296, 297) and a ruined fort (Van de Velde, Narrative, 2, 304-307).
2. Another district of Judaea toward the southern end of the Dead Sea, occupied by the Edomites during the captivity (1 Maccabees 5:3, Auth. Vers. "Arabattine;" comp. Joseph. Ant. 12, 8, 1). It is supposed to have taken its name from the MAALEH-ACRABBIM SEE MAALEH- ACRABBIM (q.v.) of Nu 34:4; Jos 15:3, which lay in this vicinity.