Bager, John a Lutheran minister, was pastor of the German Lutheran Church in the Old Brewery building on Skinner Street, New York city-a branch from the old Lutheran Trinity Church, in 1749. Efforts were made in 1761 to unite the two congregations, but without success. Mr. Bager's pastorate was prosperous, and the Skinner Street building was abandoned, and a stone church, 34 X 60 feet, was erected at the corner of Frankfort and William Streets-the land in Skinner Street being retained for a burial-ground. This was named Christ Church, but afterwards became generally known as the Old Swamp Church. See Quarterly Rev. of Ev. Luth. Church, 7:276.