Audley, Edmund, an English prelate; was educated at Lincoln College, Oxford, and in 1463 took the degree of A.B. In 1471 he became prebendary of Farendon in the Church of Lincoln, and in October, 1475, attained a like-preferment in the Church of Wells. In the same year, on Christmas-day, he was made archdeacon of the East Riding of Yorkshire; in 1480 he was promoted to the bishopric of Rochester, and in 1492 was translated to Hereford; thence to Salisbury in 1502. About this time he was made chancellor of the Most Noble Order of the Garter. In 1518 he gave four hundred pounds to Lincoln College, and bestowed upon the same house the patronage of a chantry, which he had founded in the cathedral church of Salisbury. He contributed. also to St. Mary's Church in Oxford. He died Aug. 23, 1524, at Ramsbury, in the County of Wilts.