Arab The English engineers found a very ancient site, called Kirbet el- Arabiyeh, east of Hebron (three and a quarter miles on the Ordnance Map), marked by wells and cisterns, which Lieut. Conder is disposed to regard as identical with that of Arab, notwithstanding the substitution of ָע for א in the name (Quar. Report of the "Pal. Explor. Fund," Jan. 1875, p. 14; in his Tent Work, ii, 334, he spells it Er-Rabiyeh); and Dr. Tristram adopts the location (Bible Places, p. 63). The place is probably the one indicated by Schwarz (Palest. p. 105). But the situation is rather too far east for the associated names of the group (Jos 15:52-54).