Anthon HENRY, D.D., a clergyman of the Protestant Episcopal Church, was born in New York city, in March, 1795. His father, Dr. G. C. Anthon, though a German by birth, was an officer in the British army, and settled in New York at the close of the 18th century. Henry Anthon, the son, was the brother of Charles, the classical scholar. He was ordained deacon in November, 1816, and took charge of the parish in Red Hook, N. Y.; removed to South Carolina in 1819; was called to Trinity Church, Utica, N. Y., in 1821, and remained until 1829, when he accepted the pastorate of St. Stephen's Church, New York city; and became pastor of Trinity Church in 1831, which position he held until 1836, when he was chosen rector of St. Mark's, in the Bowery, spending in this parish the last twenty- four years of his life. He died in New York city, Jan. 5, 1861. His protest to the Rev. Arthur Carey's ordination, July 2, 1843, and circumstances attending it, led to Dr. Anthon's separation from those with whom, ecclesiastically, he had formerly been associated. He was at one time editor of the Protestant Churchman, and was one of the founders of the Evangelical Knowledge Society, as well as the Church Missionary Society. He was thoroughly honest in his opinions, and was distinguished for his tenacity of purpose, intellectual strength, and purity of character. See Amer Quar. Church Rev. 1861, p. 187.