Anderson, Alexander, Lld
Anderson, Alexander, LL.D.
a Scotch Baptist minister and educator, was born at Peterhead, Aberdeen County, in September 1808. He studied at St. Andrew's University, was ordained pastor at Boyndie in 1830, joined the Free Church party in 1843, in 1845 was settled over a church in Old Aberdeen, but in 1847 resigned his charge on account of a change of views on the subject of baptism, and took charge of the Chanonry House School, in Aberdeen, to which he joined the pastoral care of a Baptist congregation in George Street Hall, which eventually united with that in Crown Terrace. He died at Aboyne, October 25, 1884. See (Lond.) Baptist Hand-book, 1886, page 101.